- Preparing a registration application
- Submitting it to the Estonian Tax and Customs Board
- Communicating with the tax inspector regarding VAT application
- A value added tax identification number or VAT identification number is an identifier used in many countries, including the countries of the European Union, for value added tax purposes.
- Your Estonian VAT number will be automatically available in VIES for your business partners to check if needed
VAT number (5)
The VAT registration obligation in Estonia arises from the moment when the company’s sales turnover exceeds 40 000 EUR per the calendar year.
At the same time, the company may apply for VAT status before it reaches this amount.
The VAT number registration can be initiated after you’ve registered your company.
For this, you have to give us the right of representation in the Estonian Tax and Customs Board.
That is, either by authorizing us directly with the ID card through the Estonian Tax and Customs Board e-environment or give us the Power of Attorney.
Take a look tutorial video:
.. and don’t forget to subscribe to our channel.
In order to be registered as a VAT payer, the person must prove to the Tax and Customs Board that he or she is engaged in business in Estonia or is about to commence business in Estonia.
‘Engaged in business’ means actual economic activity commenced, but also a business plan worked out and making investments for the commencement of business.
The Tax and Customs Board shall have the right to request that the person submit additional proof or collect such proof on its own initiative. The proof is any information confirming that the applicant has either commenced business at the place of business stated in the application or has planned to start a business. Such proof can be, for example, preliminary contracts, (commercial lease, procurement, delivery, employment, etc.) contracts, sites for work to be performed, etc.