What data must an invoice contain?
The following information needs to be written on purchase and sales invoices:
- Title (e.g. “Invoice” or similar)
- Invoice number
- Date of issue
- Description of goods or services purchased
- Numerical data (amount, price of a unit, total sum)
- Names of the seller and buyer
- Addresses of the seller and buyer
- Seller’s company registration number
- Seller’s VAT number (in case the seller has it)
There are certain restrictions for source documents, take a look at information about requirements.