Entrepreneurial consultations: company formation, an address and contact person services, accounting, VAT number, etc. specifically in Estonia, in EU.

Archives: FAQs

What is a TIN number in Estonia?

There is no tax ID in Estonia. 

An 8-digit company registration code and your 11-digit personal identity code (isikukood) should be enough for all institutions and services in Estonia.

Continue Reading

Adding an official note about liquidation?

The liquidator’s right of representation is identified only from the business register.

Ametlikud Teadaande is the official online publication of the Republic of Estonia, in which announcements, invitations, and announcements are published for public announcement.

The data can be added by entering the e-business register as a natural person with your e-residency card, ID card, Mobile ID, or Smart ID.

The manual:

Continue Reading

How can I register for residence?

You must submit a notice of residence to the city or rural municipality government of your place of residence.

A notice of residence can be submitted:

  • in the e-population register. You can also view the information and status of the notice of residence you already submitted there in the e-population register.
  • by sending a digitally signed e-mail to the city or rural municipality government of your place of residence (to the city district government in Tallinn)
  • by sending a regular letter to the city or rural municipality government of your place of residence, adding a copy of the side of your identity document that shows personal data to the notice of residence
  • at the city or rural municipality government.

Printable and digitally fillable form of notice of residence is available on the homepage of the Ministry of the Interior.

Entering additional addresses in the population register

If you use several residences permanently, you must select one which is going to be entered as the residential address with legal effect (main residence) to the population register.

Other residences can be submitted to the population register as additional addresses.

You have an obligation pursuant to law to make sure your residence address in the Population Register is correct

When you are changing your residence in Estonia, relocating to a foreign country, or relocating from a foreign country to Estonia, you need to submit a notice of residence to register a new place of residence in the Population Register.

Continue Reading

How to authorize an accountant?

Annual reports are submitted in the e-environment of the business register.

If you have an Estonian ID, Mobile ID, or e-residency, the right of representation can be granted with the following steps:

  1. Log in to the Business Registry
  2. From the upper bar choose ,,Annual report”
  3. From the bar below choose „Defining persons entering data“
  4. Press the button below „Add new person for entering data“
  5. Fill in the field „Personal identification code of the person entering data”
  6. Select the company you want to add the person entering the data
  7. Click: “The person entering data is authorized to submit the report”
  8. Push the „Save“ button below

Now your accountant can enter your annual report data and submit it.

It should also be noted that the submitted report must also be digitally confirmed by a board member.

Continue Reading

When will the share capital be returned?

Only the paid-in share capital can be returned.

The authorized capital and the funds remaining in the bank account can be returned to the owner 4 months after the start of the liquidation process.

Continue Reading